We could all do with saving as much money as possible in the run up to Christmas, so here’re some of the tips our twitter followers gave us. If you want to add your own tip, tweet us using #AGNfuelsave
Modern cars are more fuel efficient than their counterparts 5 year olds. So how can you ensure you save money in an older motor too? Read our fuel saving tips here:
- Don't leave the car sitting around waiting for the engine to warm up. On these colder days, drive off the instant you get in your car and allow the engine to warm-up while you drive at a medium rev range.
- Drive at a steady speed and no bursts of acceleration to catch up to the car ahead.
- Use the car’s highest gear.
- When coasting, don’t press the accelerator.
- If you stop for more than a minute, turn off the engine.
- Move through your gears as quick as you can – if speed allows.
- Avoid pedal to metal on the motorway
- Your tyres should always be inflated to the correct level, check your tyre pressure every week.
- OR ...you can take the advice of our Twitter genius and "get a train"!
If you wish to book in your Winter service, scroll to the top and find your nearest approved garage.
Don't forget to share some fuel saving tips with us to see yours up here too!